Sunday, October 30, 2011

Who's Watching Us?

Ever since the South West Oregon Mining Association (SWOMA) published this article on their website detailing the variety of state and federal agencies that are monitoring their online activities, I've been wondering who's watching WSM?

I don't normally concern myself with the demographics of visitors to this site, although perhaps I should. Anyway, I decided to check on who's been dropping by lately.  Among our visitors in the last 2 weeks:

Washington State DNR - 1 visit

Click to enlarge.
















Headquarters United States Army Information Systems Command - 6 visits

Click to enlarge.















Federal Aviation Administration - 5 visits

Click to enlarge.
















BLM - 4 visits

Click to enlarge.
















Department Of Homeland Security - 1 visit

Click to enlarge.
















WDFW - 4 visits

Click to enlarge.
















State Of New Mexico - 1 visit

Click to enlarge.

















Visits by some of these agencies, like DNR, BLM, and WDFW, I can understand.  But the Army?  The FAA?  (Seen any airborne suction dredges lately?)  And the Department of Homeland Security?  (YIKES!  This is getting scary!)

Hopefully I haven't frightened away too many of my readers.  Because maybe these are just visits by folks interested in getting out into the great outdoors and panning a few flakes of our favorite yellow metal?  We can hope so, anyway.

1 comment:

carrickbender said...

I'm new to this site, but might I suggest bored workers using their time wisely?